Business Intelligence Dashboard

Hello PsyOptions Team - I am a frontend engineer who is wanting to contribute to the development of PsyOptions. I have been communicating with your team about projects that can be taken on and I would like to lead in the contribution of the Business Intelligence Dashboard.

I would be able to work 8 hrs per day, 5 days a week (Total 40hrs/week) on the development for this project. Progress will be communicated through Slack and work will be updated via GitHub at the end of each day.

The repo can be found here: GitHub - mithraiclabs/bi-dashboard: A frontend for displaying analytical information for the Psy Ecosystem

The total amount of time to complete is an estimated 3-4 weeks. I am requesting a grant in the amount of $2k per week for a max total of $8k. I would prefer the grant be distributed proportionately at the end of each week.

I am excited to get started and begin contributing asap! Please let me know if these requirements are acceptable. Looking forward to working with PsyOptions!

3 Likes

PsyOptions needs this!! It would be awesome for you to tackle this!

This is one of the first proposals by a new contributor for something that is really needed. I think we need to use this as a time to create the rules on the process for how contributors get compensated by the DAO.

A DAO’s payments are executed on-chain, so they cannot be clawed back if someone gets paid ahead of time, doesn’t complete the work, and runs with the money. With this in mind I believe DAOs must create a structure that is more stringent on new contributors, where payment shall be made for delivering usable milestones.

If a contributor (or team) delivers on multiple proposals then the community/DAO might agree more with letting the user propose getting X payment for Y months work without needing milestone based proposals. Then the payment shifts to become lump sum up front.

Action Items

@Tadashi Could you shift the proposal to be milestone based with short descriptions on the clear deliverables and payment for the deliverable?

1 Like

Hi @tomjohn1028
I am ready to work on the project.